Our Religious Education Team
An Introduction to Religious Education
In the RE department, we are all highly enthusiastic and passionate about Religious Education and endeavour to enthuse pupils in lessons. We encourage our pupils to consider what they can learn from religious believers and develop their own opinion of the world around them.
- Christianity- Community and Creation
- Sikhism – an introduction
- Christianity – Church and the Community
- Islam – Five Pillars
- Christianity – Jesus – Golden Rule
- The Life and influence of Moses
- The life and influence of Jesus
- The life and influence of Muhammad
- Evil and Suffering
- Holy texts – and introduction to GCSE
Key Stage 4 – AQA GCSE Religious Education
At Ribblesdale, we focus on Christianity and Islam. This course has no coursework or controlled assessment. The specification encourages personal response and informed insight on fundamental questions about identity, belonging, meaning, purpose, truth, values and commitments.
Consists of the study of Religious Beliefs and Practices for Christianity and Islam.
126.96.36.199 Beliefs and teachings 188.8.131.52. Practices
184.108.40.206 Beliefs and teachings 220.127.116.11 Practices
Consists of the Study of 4 Thematic Units
Theme A: Relationships and families
Theme B: Religion and Life
Theme D: Religion, peace and conflict
Theme E: Religion, crime and punishment